Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game – Beef, Veal, Pork, Lamb, Poultry, Rabbit, Venison.
By John J. Mettler Jr., DVM
This is the book for anyone who hunts, farms, or buys large quantities of meat. The author takes the mystery out of slaughtering and butchering everything from beef and veal, to venison, pork, and lamb. The text is clear and easy-to-follow. Combined with 130 detailed illustrations by Elayne Sears, the reader is provided with complete, step-by-step instructions.
Here is everything you need to know:
- At what age to butcher an animal
- How to kill, skin, slaughter, and butcher
- How to dress out game in a field
- Salting, smoking, and preserving
- Tools, equipment, the setup
- More than 30 recipes using all kinds of meat
- 208 Pages
- 6″ x 9″