How To Clean a Digital Electric Smoker
Excess buildup of burned grease and food in your Digital Electric Smoker will reduce the smoker’s cooking performance over time. Keeping it clean, with just a few easy steps, will ensure it remains in top working condition. Remember to use only non-abrasive cleaners; mild dish detergent works great.
Clean The Inside Cooking Chamber
1. To clean the interior chamber of the smoker let it cool completely. Remove the racks, water pan, drip tray and smoker box. Brush any particle buildup downward toward the bottom of the smoker. Sweep all residue out of the chamber.
2. Using warm, soapy water, gently scrub the interior surfaces of the smoker with a sponge or a plastic bristle brush. Do not use metal. Wipe it dry. If using a bristle brush, make sure no loose bristles remain on any of the cooking surfaces prior to cooking.
3. Wash the cooking racks, water pan and drip tray with warm soapy water, rinse and dry. For stick-free cooking and easy cleaning, apply a coat of vegetable oil or vegetable oil-based spray to the cooking racks before each use
Clean Outside of Smoker
1. Clean the exterior control panel on top of the smoker by wiping with a damp cloth using warm soapy water. Wipe dry.
2. Make sure to wipe the door seal with a damp cloth to get rid of the smoke residue that builds up after each use.
Clean The Thermostats & Temperature Probes
1. With a damp cloth using soapy water, clean the surface of the thermostats and wipe dry.
2. Clean the meat probe with a damp cloth using soapy water and wipe dry. Do not place under running water, immerse or soak in water.
Smokehouse Cleaner and Degreaser
If you haven’t cleaned your smoker in a while, you may need to use an Industrial strength cleaner degreaser. Cleaner and degreasers are specially made for loosening and helping eliminate tough caked-on grease.
Our Smokehouse Cleaner and Degreaser is safe to use on all TSM electric and gas smokers.