Whole Marjoram is used in making Polish sausage, either fresh or smoked. It can also be used to infuse rich, earthy flavors into hearty dishes like stews, soups, and roasted meats.
Whole marjoram leaves have a mild, sweet, and slightly floral flavor with hints of citrus and pine. They are aromatic and add a pleasant herbal note to dishes.
- Infusing Soups and Stews: Add whole marjoram leaves to simmering soups, stews, and sauces to infuse them with a delicate, herbal aroma and flavor.
- Seasoning Meats: Sprinkle whole marjoram leaves over meats like chicken, lamb, or pork before roasting or grilling for an added layer of savory taste.
- Homemade Spice Blends: Incorporate dried marjoram leaves into your own custom spice blends, particularly those used for Mediterranean or Italian dishes.
- Infused Vinegars: Add dried marjoram leaves to vinegar to create flavorful infusions for dressings and marinades.
- Roasting Vegetables: Toss fresh or dried marjoram leaves with olive oil and vegetables before roasting to impart a fragrant herbal essence.
Whole Marjoram has a delicate flavor, so it’s best to add it towards the end of cooking to preserve its aromatic qualities. Additionally, consider experimenting with different quantities to find the perfect balance.
- Net weight: 3.25 oz. (92g)
Also available: Ground Marjoram