Whole fennel seed are fantastic for infusing flavor in both savory and sweet dishes. They’re commonly used in pickling, marinades, and baking.
It has a warm, sweet, and aromatic flavor. a pronounced anise or licorice-like undertone. They offer a slightly nutty and earthy quality. They add a unique depth to dishes. When crushed or chewed, they release a burst of fragrant.
- Pickling: Whole fennel seed are commonly used in pickling vegetables like cucumbers, adding a distinctive flavor.
- Baking: You can use them in bread, biscuit, or pastry recipes to impart a mild, aromatic anise-like flavor.
- Meat Seasoning: You can use them as a spice rub for meats, especially pork, giving them a unique and flavorful twist.
- Stews and Soups: They are a great addition to hearty stews and soups, providing depth and aroma to the dish.
- Marinades: You can use them in in marinades for meats or fish, infusing them with a subtle licorice-like taste
- Net weight: 14 oz. (396g)
- Whole Fennel Seed is the basic spice in making Italian sausage.