Red Fibrous Vension Printed Casings 61mm 61mm is used for making beef stick, venison salami, venison summer sausage and more. Fibrous casings are non-edible and need to be peeled before eating.
Red colored fibrous sausage casings are 61 mm and are open on both ends. These high quality sausage casings have the Deer Head Logo and are printed “VENISON SAUSAGE – NOT FOR SALE”.
Red Fibrous Vension Printed Casings 61mm Product Details:
- Bundle of 10
- Size: 12″ long and approx. 2 3/8″ when stuffed*
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 1½ lbs.*
- No need to be refrigerated, these casings are shelf stable
How to Use Fibrous Casings
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 30 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
- Hang on smoke sticks in smokehouse or lay on racks in smoker to begin thermal processing
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.