Our Pre-tied Mahogany Fibrous Summer Sausage Casing 61mm is generally used to make beef or summer sausage. Our fibrous casings are available in clear, mahogany, red and protein lined.
The fiber in these casings runs lengthwise which makes them strong so they can be stuffed tighter without breaking.
Pre-tied Clear Fibrous Summer Sausage Casing 61mm Product Details:
- Bundle of 10 casings
- Size: 61mm (2 3/8”) x 24″
- 24″ long and approx. 2 3/8″ when stuffed
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 2 ½ lbs.*
- Casings are pre-tied at one end
- No need to be refrigerated, these casings are shelf stable
How to Use Fibrous Casings
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 30 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use 1/2″ hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
- Hang on smoke sticks in smokehouse or lay on racks in smoker to begin thermal processing
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.