Our Pre-tied Clear Fibrous Casings 88mm are ideal for making cooked salami or other sausages that are cooked medium in oven or smoker with indirect heat. Casing are not intended for dry cured salami.
The casings runs lengthwise which makes them strong so they can be stuffed tighter without breaking. The clear casings smoke just as brown as a natural casing. These casings are plant based and have a long shelf live.
Our fibrous casings are available in clear, mahogany, red and protein lined. Fibrous casings are non-edible and need to be peeled before eating.
Pre-tied Clear Fibrous Casings 88mm Product Details:
- Non-edible. Peel off before eating.
- Casing are not intended for dry cured salami.
- Bundle of 10 casings
- Size: 88mm
- 24″ long and approx. 3 3/8″ when stuffed*
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 7 lbs.*
- Casings are open at both ends
- No need to be refrigerated; the casings are shelf stable
How to Use Fibrous Casings for Cooked Salami
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 30 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use 5/8″ hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.