Oxygen absorbers prevents the deterioration and of food by removing the oxygen in the product container. It is used for quality control and preservation of products because it can extend the shelf life of products and preserve the taste and flavor of products and maintain freshness by preventing oxidation and discoloration of products.
- Comes with 50 packets of 300cc oxygen absorbers.
- Size each absorber pack: 1.70″ x 2.12″
The oxygen absorbers are available in 4 additional sizes. 100cc, 500cc, 1000cc and 2000cc.
Oxygen Absorbers and Mylar® Bags
Oxygen absorbers work best when paired with Mylar® bags. Click here on how use oxygen absorbers with Mylar® bags.
You may need more or less depending on your individual conditions. There is no danger in adding too many as this does not affect the food.
- 1 pack for 8″ x 10″ (1/2 gallon) bag of fine grains like sugar or flour.
- 1 pack for 8″ x 10″ (1/2 gallon) bag of Pasta and thicker, less dense foods.
- 2 packs for 10″ x 16″ (1-gallon) bag of fine grains like sugar or flour.
- 2 packs for 10″ x 16″ (1-gallon) bag of pasta and thicker, less dense foods.
- 6 packs for 5-6 gallon bag of fine grains like sugar or flour.
- 7-8 packs for 5-6 gallon bag of pasta and thicker, less dense foods.
How Long Do Oxygen Absorbers Last?
Oxygen absorbers do not expire. However, they are like a sponge that when exposed to air will start to absorb available oxygen and eventually “fill-up” and not work anymore.
Oxygen absorbers can also be used in beans, legumes, crackers, dried fruit, grains, popcorn kernels, oatmeal, flours, cereals, pasta, spices, etc. Click here for additional information.
There are no reviews yet.