Natural Liquid Vegetable Rennet is a double strength plus microbial “vegetable” rennet. All ingredients conform to organic standards, are gluten free and NON-GMO. Liquid rennet is easy to measure and add to milk, which makes it a favorite for both beginner and advanced cheese makers alike.
Store the Natural Liquid Vegetable Rennet in the refrigerator.
- Sodium chloride
- Rhizomucor miehei
1/4 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes
- 1 oz | approximately 6 tsp | sets up to 48 gallons of milk
- 2 oz | approximately 12 tsp | sets up to 96 gallons of milk
- 1 pint | approximately 96 tsp | sets up to 768 gallons of milk
- 1 quart | approximately 192 tsp | sets up to 1,536 gallons of milk
- 1 gallon | approximately 768 tsp | sets up to 6,144 gallons of milk
We purchase this product Certified Kosher OU. Our rennet is then packaged into various sizes, without Kosher supervision, which voids Kosher certification. We are not, nor do we make any representation to be, under kosher certification.
This rennet is double strength plus, we suggest using 1/3 the amount recipes call for. Mix required amount of rennet in about 1/4 cup cool, non-chlorinated water. Immediately add diluted rennet to milk, gently stir for 1 minute, to evenly distribute.
Note: The amount will vary on the condition of your milk, season and type of cheese you are making.