Mahogany Fibrous Flat Casings 124 mm are generally used for making deli meats, Bologna, Mortadella and large diameter sausages. The casing is 124mm in diameter and are 24″ long and approx 4 7/8″ when stuffed.
The casings runs lengthwise which makes them strong so they can be stuffed tighter without breaking. No smoking is needed as the mahogany color simulates the color of smoke. These casings are plant based and have a long shelf live.
Our fibrous casings are available in clear, mahogany, red and protein lined. Fibrous casings are non-edible and need to be peeled before eating.
Mahogany Flat Fibrous Casings 124mm Product Details:
- Non-edible. Peel off before eating.
- Bundle of 10 casings
- Size: 124mm
- 24″ long and approx. 4 7/8″ when stuffed*
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 8 lbs.*
- Casings are open at both ends
- No need to be refrigerated, these casings are shelf stable
How to Use Fibrous Casings
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 30 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use ¾” hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
- Hang on smoke sticks in smokehouse or lay on racks in smoker to begin thermal processing
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.