Our Mahogany Deer Print Collagen Casings are 65mm (2.5″) in diameter, 18″ in length, and have a deer printed in white on them with three lines for you to personalize with your message. These casings are ideal for Summer Sausage. Since they are collagen material flat casings, they do not need to be soaked for any more than 5 minutes prior to apply to stuffing tube. Try making Summer Sausage with 1/4″ Diced Cheddar Cheese, its a great way to switch things up and add a little fatty texture to an otherwise lean sausage.
- A bundle of 10 casings
- Size: 65mm (2 1/2″) x 18″
- 18″ long and approx. 2 1/2″ when stuffed*
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 2.5 lbs.*
- No need to be refrigerated, these casings are shelf-stable
How to Use Collagen Casings
- Collagen casings must be pre-soaked in warm water for 3 to 5 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on the largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into the casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use 1/2″ hog rings and pliers to clip the end of the casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie the end close
- Prick casings after stuffing to eliminate air pockets and reduce the possibility of bacterial growth
- Can be hung in a smoker or cooked in the oven until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops, and how tightly casings are being filled.