This is a Double Strength rennet that contains no animals products. Non-GMO and Gluten FREE.
- Enzyme produced by pure fermentation of Mucor Meihei in salt brine
- less than 5% propylene glycol, less than 2% sodium propionate
- 1/4 tsp. will set 2 gallons of milk in 45 minutes
- Two ounces contains approximately 12 teaspoons which will set up to 96 gallons of milk
- One pint contains approximately 96 teaspoons which will set up to 384 gallons of milk
- One quart contains approximately 192 teaspoons which will set up to 768 gallons of milk
- One gallon contains approximately 768 teaspoons which will set up to 6144 gallons of milk
- This rennet is DOUBLE STRENGTH, use half as much as recipe calls for!
- Dilute required amount of rennet in 20 times its volume of cool, potable wate
- Add immediately into milk and stir for 2 minutes to thoroughly distribute.
- Store rennet in refrigerator
- Will keep 6 months if stored properly
NOTE: This product is purchased Certified Kosher OU in bulk. The product is then repackaged into smaller quantities without Kosher supervision, thus voiding the Kosher certification.
ray d (verified owner) –
exactly what i was looking for
Lawrence Liptak (verified owner) –
have not used it yet, but will by the end of the week. Looking forward to comparing it to animal rennet.
Gary Vincent (verified owner) –
I followed the recipe I had, it is double strength so I used half of what the recipe called for and the mozzarella came out great. 2 ounces will go a long way when you are only using 1/8 tsp per gallon of milk. I look forward to making many different cheeses.