CHY-MAX® is a double strength, NON-GMO, gluten free pure chymosin rennet produced by submerged fermentation on a vegetable substrate. This rennet can be used for producing any type of cheese; hard, semi-hard, soft, mold-ripened, low-fat and ingredient cheeses. Liquid rennet is easy to measure and add to milk, which makes it a favorite for both beginner and advanced cheese makers alike.
- 1/4 teaspoon will set 2 gallons of milk in approximately 45 minutes
- Each 2oz. bottle contains 12 teaspoons which is enough to set 96 gallons of milk.
- This rennet is double strength, we suggest using half the amount recipes call for
- Mix required amount of rennet in about 1/4 cup cool, non-chlorinated water
- Immediately add diluted rennet to milk, gently stir for 1 minute, to evenly distribute
- Note: The amount will vary on the condition of your milk, season and type of cheese you are making.
- Water, Sodium Chloride, Chymosin
- Store rennet in refrigerator
- Will keep for 1 year if stored properly