Insta Cure™ No. 1 is a basic cure for use with all meats that require cooking, brining, smoking or canning. This includes poultry, fish, ham, bacon, luncheon meats, corned beef and other products too numerous to mention. Formerly known as Prague Powder No. 1, the Sausage Maker’s USDA-approved cure formula is a simple 1lb. sodium nitrite cure containing salt, 6.25% sodium nitrite and an anti-caking agent.
Curing meat prevents botulism poisoning (common food poisoning). This process also helps to safely and effectively preserve the meat while imparting more robust flavors and colors.
- Use one level teaspoon per 5lbs. of ground meat
- One pound Insta Cure 1 will process approximately 480 pounds of meat
- Packaged item dimensions: 8″ L, 7″ W, 1″ H
- Unit weight: 1 lb.
For a basic bacon or ham brine (not including additional flavor ingredients), mix:
- 1 gal. water
- 4 oz. (½ cup) Insta Cure #1
- 1 lb. 5 oz. (1¾ cup) salt
- 1 ½ oz. (2¼ Tbsp.) sugar