Ground Mace is widely used in wiener type products like bratwurst, wieners and knockwurst. This spice adds a unique and complex taste to dishes, making it a valuable addition to both sweet and savory recipes.
Ground mace has a warm, sweet, and aromatic flavor with a slightly spicy undertone. It is often described as a blend of cinnamon and pepper, with a subtle earthy note.
- Baking: Add ground mace to cakes, cookies, pastries, and bread for a warm and aromatic flavor.
- Sauces and Soups: Incorporate it into sauces, soups, and stews for a subtle, spicy kick.
- Meat Seasoning: Use it as a seasoning for meats, particularly pork and lamb, to enhance their flavor.
- Sweet Dishes: Sprinkle it on desserts like custards, puddings, and fruit salads for an extra layer of warmth.
- Pickling: Include ground mace in pickling brines for vegetables, adding a unique and aromatic twist.
- Savory Dishes: Use it in dishes like curries, gravies, and stuffing for a distinct and complex flavor.
- Cheese and Dairy: It pairs well with creamy dishes, enhancing the flavor of sauces, dips, and fondues.
Ground mace is potent, so start with a small amount and adjust to your taste preference.
- Net Wt. 14 oz. (396g)
- Use in baking fruit cakes, cherry pie, pound cakes, seafood chowders and chicken