Ground ginger is a versatile spice that adds a warm, aromatic flavor to both sweet and savory dishes. Use it in baking for cookies, cakes, and gingerbread, or add it to stir-fries, soups, and marinades for a zesty, Asian-inspired kick. It is used in making bratwurst, salami and liverwurst as well as baked goods and ginger ale.
Ground ginger has a warm and spicy flavor with a slightly sweet undertone. It provides a zesty, aromatic kick to dishes, and its intensity can vary depending on the quantity used. Overall, it adds a distinctive and lively element to both sweet and savory recipes.
- Baking: Incorporate it into recipes for gingerbread, cookies, cakes, and muffins for a warm and spicy flavor.
- Curries and Stir-Fries: Add it to curries, stir-fries, and other Asian-inspired dishes for a zesty and aromatic kick.
- Tea and Beverages: Infuse it in hot water to make ginger tea, or add it to smoothies, juices, or cocktails for a zingy flavor.
- Marinades and Sauces: Include it in marinades for meats, poultry, or tofu, and use it in sauces for added depth of flavor.
- Soups and Stews: Enhance the taste of soups and stews, particularly those with Asian or Indian influences, by incorporating ground ginger.
- Baked Goods: Sprinkle a bit of ground ginger into pie fillings, pancake batter, or oatmeal for an extra layer of warmth and flavor.
- Pickling and Preserving: Use ground ginger as a seasoning in pickling solutions for vegetables, fruits, or even certain meats.
- Spice Blends: Combine ground ginger with other spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves to create your own custom spice blends.
Remember, ground ginger is potent, so a little goes a long way. Start with a small amount and adjust to your taste preference.
- Net weight: 14 oz. (396g)
Also available: Crystalized Ginger