Clear Fibrous Pre-tied 145mm is a fibrous casing used for making extra large size sausages. Ideal for Capicola (coppa), Mortadella, extra large bologna.
These casings are pre-tied on one end. The fiber in the casings runs lengthwise which makes them strong so they can be stuffed tighter without breaking. They smoke just as brown as a natural casing. Casings can be baked, smoked or poached.
No need to be refrigerated. The casings are plant based and when store properly have a long shelf life.
Clear Fibrous Pre-tied 145mm Product Details:
- Casing size: 145 mm x 24 (5¾)
- Not edible – peel off before eating
- Bundle of 10 per pack
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 13-15 lbs.*
- 24″ long and approx. 5 ¾ when stuffed*
- Casings can be baked, smoked or poached
- Ideal for Capicola (coppa), Mortadella, extra large bologna
- This item is non-returnable and non-refundable
How to Use Fibrous Casings
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 20 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
- Hang on smoke sticks in smokehouse or lay on racks in smoker to begin thermal processing
Sausage Casings 101
Visit our Sausage Casings 101 for helpful tips.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.