Bactoferm T-SPX s a meat starter culture for the production of traditional or fast fermented meat products, at temperatures from 64-75°F. The T-SPX meat starter culture gives a mild acidification and ensures a good flavor and color development. Typically seen in the sausage making of traditional Mediterranean type sausages like French Saucisson and Italian Salami.
- Pediococcus pentosaceus
- Staphylococcus xylosus
Usage (Click here for pdf)
- Typically seen and used in sausage making of traditional Mediterranean type sausages like French Saucisson and Italian Salami
- Use 25 grams per 440 lb of meat (200 kg)
- Add to ground sausage, potentially with other dry ingredients early in the sausage making process to ensure a homogenous dispersion
- Click here for additional information
Bactoferm T-SPX Product Details:
- Usage : 25 g package for 440 lb. (200 kg) of meat
- Properties: Off-white to brownish color
- Form: Ground powder
- Solubility: Water soluble suspension
- Kosher Meat Excl. Passover
- Certified Halal
- Freeze dried culture, store in freezer: < -17 °C / < 1 °F
To test if the bactoferm is still viable, simply shake the package. If the bactoferm is loose when shaken, like sand, then the bacteria is alive. If the bactoferm is clumped together and does not sound loose then the bacteria has died and should not be used.
Delivery and Storage
Due to the limited shelf life outside of a freezer, Bactoferm cannot ship outside of North America. Place Bactoferm in the freezer immediately upon delivery.