Give the gift of sausage for the holiday season with our unique 88MM Santa-Sleigh Themed Fibrous Casings. These casings are ideal for making large diameter salamis, sausages and Coppa. These casings can be smoked.
The casings runs lengthwise which makes them strong so they can be stuffed tighter without breaking. These casings are plant based and have a long shelf live.
Our fibrous casings are available in clear, mahogany, red and protein lined. Fibrous casings are non-edible and need to be peeled before eating.
88MM Santa-Sleigh Themed Fibrous Casings Proudct Details:
- Non-edible. Peel off before eating
- These casings can be smoked
- Bundle of 5 casings
- Size: 88mm
- 3 ½” when stuffed*
- Length: 16″
- Stuffing capacity per casing: approx. 4 lbs.*
- Casings are open at both ends
- No need to be refrigerated; the casings are shelf stable
How to Use Fibrous Casings
- Fibrous casings must be pre-soaked in warm water (approximately 100° F) for 30 minutes prior to use
- Slide individual casing on largest stuffing tube available
- Use sausage stuffer to stuff meat into casing until full and 2 inches remain unfilled at the end of the casing
- Use 5/8” hog rings and pliers to clip end of casing closed or butcher’s twine to tie end close
- Hang on smoke sticks in smokehouse or lay on racks in smoker to begin thermal processing
If unopened, these casings can be returned within 30 days of purchase.
*Casing capacity depends on meat/fill density, size/lengths of links or loops and how tightly casings being filled.