The Sausage Maker Inc. collagen casings now come in a kit! The 65mm x 18″ Mahogany Collagen Casings kit includes supplies you need to get started making larger diameter sausages, bologna, pepperoni or salami. Soak casings in lukewarm water for 3-5 min prior to using. Pre-tied at one end for added convenience and efficiency. Can be stuffed using a traditional stuffer or simply by hand. Collagen casings are a natural product made from a refined layer of cattle hide. Because of this, collagen casings are much more uniform in size and diameter, when compared to traditional natural casings. Commonly used to make Summer Sausage and Smaller Salami. Great for smoking and dry curing!
- Each casing is 18″ long and approximately 2 1/2″ in diameter when stuffed
- Stuffing capacity: approx. 2 1/2 lbs. raw product
- Non-edible, peel off before eating
- 10 Mahogany Deer print Collagen Casings – 65mm x 18″ pre-tied
- Pair of Manual Hog Ring Pliers
- 1/2 inch Hog Rings – 32pcs.
- 2 oz. Insta-cure