60mm x 24in Natural Dried Casings are dehydrated hog casings are intended for use with all smoked, semi-dry and dry sausages. Extremely easy to use, and streamlines the sausage making process. Great choice for pepperoni, chorizo, small salami, or any other cured sausage.
These premium natural dried casings are sourced carefully from a high-end supplier in Spain. The casings are procured from the finest animal intestines. They are carefully processed to preserve their natural properties. These natural casings are a great choice for both professional chefs and home cooks.
Easy to Use
The natural dried casings are user-friendly. They come neatly packaged and ready for use. Casings can be easily rehydrated which allows for seamless stuffing and filling. The casings provide a tight and consistent fit.
Each bundle contains 5 casings.
The stuffing capacity for this casing is 12.5 lbs or 2.5 lbs per strand. Please note that is an approximate weight guideline.
Natural Dried Casings Product Details
These casings are a natural air-dried hog casing. Dehydrated casings have no odor and require no refrigeration.
- Strands are compressed onto 10 meter (32 ft) lengths.
- 1 year shelf life in original packaging.
- Diameters of all casings are consistent and straight (non-curved).
- Casings walls are robust
- Casings are edible and peelable
- Shortens prep time compared to brined or salted hog casings.
- Imported from Spain.
The Natural Dried Casings are not recommended for fresh sausages.
- Cut casings to desired length if on compressed strand.
- Place the casings into a container with warm (not hot) water for 5 minutes.
- Stuff and tie with string or twine. Hog rings are not recommended.
- Prick casings to remove air pockets after stuffing.
- Net or truss if desired.
- Casings accept mold well.
- Place meat into cylinder (casing prep is very quick)
- Pre-measure casings to desired length, then cut casings from strand.
- Pre-tie one end with a a hanging loop or double knot.
- Soak casings in approximately 100F (42C) water for 1 – 5 minutes.
- Pre-prick air holes near knot before loading casing onto stuffing horn.
- Stuff casings firmly, but do not overstuff. Prick casings thoroughly. Tie and secure with twine and NOT hog rings.
- After stuffing, wipe down salamis lightly with vinegar/water solution and hang.
There are no reviews yet.