The Sausage Maker Inc. collagen casings now come in a kit!
Includes supplies you need to get started making larger diameter sausages, bologna, pepperoni or salami. Soak casings in lukewarm water for 3-5 min prior to stuffing. Can be stuffed using a traditional stuffer or simply by hand. Collagen casings are a natural product made from a refined layer of cattle hide. Because of this, collagen casings are much more uniform in size and diameter, when compared to traditional natural casings. Commonly used to make Summer Sausage and Smaller Salami. Great for smoking and dry curing!
- Each casing is 22″ long and approximately 3 7/8″ in diameter when stuffed
- Stuffing capacity: approx. 2 1/2 lbs. raw product
- Non-edible, peel off before eating
- 10 Collagen Casings – 100mm x 22″ pre-tied
- Pair of Hog Ring Pliers
- 1/2 inch Hog Rings – 32pcs.
- 2 oz. Insta-Cure